Festivities are time of joy, togetherness and family outings. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Bollywood biggies such as Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan or Aamir Khan release their films on big festivals like Christmas, Diwali and Eid. While Christmas is evidently lucky for Aamir Khan and Diwali is generally special for King Khan, when it comes to Eid, it is Salman Khan and there is no two ways about it. Here are some of Bhaijaan’s biggest hits that released on Eid –
1. Wanted: It was the film which started the Eid release saga for Salman Khan. It was directed by Prabhudeva and was one of the biggest hits of 2009.
2. Dabangg: Released on Eid 2010, it became a worldwide box office hit! It gave birth to Chulbul Pandey, one of the most iconic characters. Funny, witty, bold and courageous, Chulbul Pandey and Dabangg were widely loved by audiences.
3. Bodyguard: Third in the set of Salman’s Eid releases, Bodyguard fared much better than its predecessor Dabangg. By then, it was pretty much a trend for audiences to wait for their favourite Bhaijaan’s big Eid releases.
4. Ek Tha Tiger: A movie based on the life of a spy, Ek Tha Tiger was the first Yash Raj Film that Salman Khan worked in. Moreover, it was became popular amongst audiences that there was a sequel Tiger Zinda Hai, which did even better!
5. Bajrangi Bhaijaan: With an extremely heart-warming storyline, a whole lot of bhai-action and super cute child actor Harshaali Malhotra, this film surely owned the box office and won numerous hearts. Critics gave it a good review too and earned more than 300 Crores.
This year also Salman’s film ‘Bharat’ is assumed to be a massive hit as it has stirred the excitement among fans right from its poster release. Let’s see if Bharat can break all other previous Eid record of Bhaijaan or not!